As the moon orbits the Earth it wanes from a full moon down to a New Moon– for one night (or day) each month there is no moon apart from a tiny sliver; it’s the nights that are close to the New Moon that offer a truly dark sky- with typically just 0%-3% light- or 100% darkness! Our events are planned so we can access an area that is very little light pollution and to take place on the night of new moon- so we have the best chance of seeing the stars, galaxies, meteors and satellites that decorate the skies above us.
The dates we have planned are:
- Fri. 12th Feb. 2021, 6pm-8pm, Gribdale Gate, Great Ayton
- Sat. 13th Feb. 2021, 6pm-8pm, Runswick Bay
- Wed. 17th Feb. 2021, 6pm-8pm, Runswick Bay
- Fri. 19th Feb. 2021, 6pm-8pm, Gribdale Gate, Great Ayton
- Sun. 21st Feb. 2021, 6pm-8pm, Sheepwash Car Park, Osmotherley
- Tues. 23rd Feb. 2021, 6pm-8pm, Runswick Bay
- Wed. 24th Feb. 2021, 6pm-8pm, Lion Inn, Blakey Ridge
Very similar to our usual Wanders with Wonder, but for couples! And with a special treat for you to share as you snuggle together and gaze at the stars!
The date (surprisingly…) is:
- Sun. 14th Feb. 2021, Sheepwash Car Park, Osmotherley
We aren’t going to give the secret away as to what we look for when planning these events- but we will be at a vantage point where we can see the horizon when the moon rises!
- Sun. 28th Feb. 2021, 6.30pm-8.30pm, Runswick Bay
Booking link coming soon…
Cooking a hearty meal, on a fire you’ve lit, using fuel you’ve cut in the darkness is a truly mindful and soul enriching experience; we’re lucky that we do it often, and just want to share that with you!
The dates for this event are:
- Mon. 15th February 2021, 6pm-9pm at Baby Moon, Dunsdale, TS14 6RH
- Sat. 20th February 2021, 6pm-9pm at Baby Moon, Dunsdale, TS14 6RH
During the darker evenings we schedule two hour night navigation sessions, aimed at either introducing you to the skills needed for night navigation, developing your skill or individual coaching to refine it. What we find, is that if you can navigate during darkness, you can navigate in other foul weather should you need to!
The dates we have planned are:
- Tues. 16th Feb. 2021, 6pm-8pm, Gribdale Gate, Great Ayton
- Thurs. 18th Feb. 2021, 6pm-8pm, Gribdale Gate, Great Ayton
- Mon. 22nd Feb. 2021, 6pm-8pm, Gribdale Gate, Great Ayton
- Fri. 26th Feb. 2021, 6pm-8pm, Gribdale Gate, Great Ayton
As the moon progresses in its phase towards becoming full, we will take advantage of its light as it moves through its waxing gibbous stage. Often, either side of a full moon we can see quite clearly just by lunar light, even on the darkest of nights. We will meet locally, and experience the North York Moors in its celestial beauty.
Dates we have planned are:
- Thurs. 25th Feb. 2021, 6pm-8pm, Gribdale Gate, Great Ayton
- Sat. 27th Feb. 2021, 6pm-8pm, Sheepwash Car Park, Osmotherley
What if it’s Cloudy…?
Let’s face it, there’s always the possibility of it being cloudy! If it is, we will still head out and see if we can spot any nocturnal wildlife- as well as experiencing the darkness in a wild and remote place!
Rewilding Adventure is based in Guisborough; but the site for many of the activities is Baby Moon Boutique Camping site, in Dunsdale. Upon booking the full address will be provided.
To book any event then simply provide Rewilding Adventure with your name and email address, let us know what event you’d like to come to and how many places. You’ll then receive an email with the stuff you need to know!
Contact us now to book.
We work closely with Baby Moon, if you’re looking for a boutique camping experience and want to stay in the luxurious yurts available, then check out the website.